Friday, August 31, 2007

Fletcher Won't Be Home Labor Day

It looks like Fletcher has C-Diff. He's been feeling bad for a few days now. One of the problems was solved by changing his ventilator settings back to what they previously were. This made him happier but he still has not been up to his standard "happy boy" attitude. My very insightful wife told me a few days ago that she thinks his stomach is hurting. I thought that it might be too but didn't think that it was the cause of anything since I think it usually hurts due to his hernia. Well, it appears that the labs came back and he has C-Diff which can cause stomach discomfort. My wife is right 98.7% of the time (which is better than Rush Limbaugh :). Because of this he's in quarantine for a while. That doesn't mean that we can't see him but it does mean that he cannot leave the unit and that we have to take extra precautions when around him.

We had planned on bringing him home for Labor Day and having the family over to cook hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill. We'll have to scrap that plan now but we'll get to do it some other time...

2 comments:

Denise said...

so sad....there's always next time.
xoxo
Nee Nee

Miss Kayleigh said...

hey so Fletcher isn't coming home for Labor Day? I didn;t know that!
I'm sorry!