Monday, August 13, 2007

A Lost Tooth / VBS

Last night Maddie lost a tooth... Her first loose tooth! I got a text message while I was watching the Bourne Ultimatum with my Dad that she had a loose tooth. Evidently this was very emotional for her and her mother as they ran the gamut between happiness and crying. Last night Maddie had been messing with it so much that it was hanging on by a thread. After her Aunt Kristi tried a few times with a washrag to pull it, she finally asked me to try. I pulled it and there was much rejoicing, and a few tears from her mother. Last night she didn't go to sleep for a long time as she anxiously awaited the Tooth Fairy (or as she calls it her Fairy Godmother) to come. Fortunately she awoke before I left this morning so I could see how excited she was with the shiny dollar left behind.


Maddie with a Loose Tooth
Maddie showing off her loose tooth

Maddie with a Missing Tooth
Maddie showing off her missing tooth (one day later)


Please note that the gap on top is not a missing tooth, just a gap - in case you're wondering :)

Last week our church had Vacation Bible School and Maddie and her Friend Lauren went. NeeNee taught the Bible Challenge and Maddie has yet to figure out that she cannot hang all over her when she's trying to teach the other kids also. It is funny to watch but frustrating at the same time. Kayleigh helped out in one section at VBS also. I don't have a picture of her in a beard or as a leper but here is a poor quality pic from my phone of her anyway. I think this was the night that she was making the dove land on Jesus' head.


Kayleigh at VBS

1 comment:

Denise said...

Oh such a sweet post about your girls! That's why I love you so...