Thursday, August 23, 2007

Love Hina - DVD Vol 3 of 6

Volume three contains four episodes (9 through 12) and the extras are an interview with the director and a character profile for Shinobu.

I don't know what I thought this show was going to be about. I guess maybe I had more in mind something like Azumanga Diaoh but this is not like that. We are taken out of reality on many occasions is a world that more resembles Ranma or something like that. Episode 9 was a mystery episode in where everyone was looking for the missing rent money. Episode 10 started in with the "magical girl" thing where Kaolla was somehow able to grow older by looking at the red moon (which stayed full for several nights in a row). In episode 11 Naru suddenly becomes an idol singer. In episode 12 Motoko has to dress like a girl which causes her to loose her kendo abilities - and just at the time when the dreaded mecha turtle attacks.

Half way through and I'm still not too sure where this is leading except in the endless cycle of mayhem and hijinks.

This is still a good anime but not what I was expecting. Rating 3 out of 5.

No comments: