Monday, July 30, 2007

Twelve Kingdoms - DVD Vol 9 of 10

The Twelve Kingdoms DVD Vol 9 - AtonementThis volume ends the long running story arc A Great Distance in the Wind, the Sky at Dawn. There are no extras on this DVD other than previews.

The three separate stories of Yoko, Suzu and Shoukei come together with a very good resolution. I really enjoy the rich fantasy world that has developed over this anime - so much so that I went out and bought the first volume translated into English the other day by Fuyumi Ono.

I understand that the anime did not end the story since the series of novels had not been finished at the time. Hopefully I will not be too disapointed by this fact when the tenth volume arrives. I will also be looking forward to the next six books when they are published.

No comments: