Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Cover for Harry Potter and the Deathly HallowsThis has probably been the most anticipated book for me. I have had to wait for books before - especially with the Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant which were published no sooner that 18 months apart. I really couldn't wait just after I finished Half-Blood Prince but the excitement settled a little. Then The Order of the Phoenix movie came out and then, before you knew it, the seventh and final book was to be released. About mid-week I couldn't wait. I didn't camp out or anything but I did go to Wal-Mart Saturday and got me a copy. I finished it Sunday night (Monday morning actually) and I will say that it had a very satisfying ending. I will also say that almost everything I predicted in the sixth book turned out how I thought it would.

I'm not going to spoil anything for those two or three people that read this blog but, I will apologize to my wife the being in another world for a couple of days.

After reading the epilogue I felt satisfied with the series as a whole. J K Rowling, while not writing a masterpiece in my opinion, has finished a nicely woven story that was very entertaining. That's one of the most important things. I have read books I considered masterpieces and that I could put down for a day or two with no problems. J K Rowling has a gift that is not too common in writers, the ability to make you want to read the next chapter at the finish of each one. Regardless of the climax, I consider a book to be good if this is true. A good ending is an added bonus and this book had that as well.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Apology accepted sweet husband!

XOXO
NeeNee