Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Burst Angel - DVD Vol 3 of 6

Burst Angel DVD Vol 3 - East Meets WestVolume 3 of the Burst Angel series (East Meets West) contains episodes 9 through 12. The first two episodes are stand alone stories and the second two are the first two parts of a three part story arc taking place in Osaka.

Pretty much the same ol' for these episodes but we get to see a little bit more about Amy and Kyohei in Uncharted Cyberspace. The fan service kicks up a notch in these episodes.

I have to admit that I liked the episodes in Osaka where all of the characters talk in a "Texan" accent. As I understand it, the Osakan dialect in Japan is considered about the same as the Southern dialect in the US. I usually don't like this idea in dubs because not too many voice actors do a convincing Southern or Texan drawl. The inside joke these episode display (I assume that's what this can only be) is what I find funny - and yes, the accents are over-the-top and horrible.

Rating 3 out of 5.

No comments: