Monday, August 27, 2007

Love Hina - DVD Vol 6 of 6

The final volume of Love Hina contains the final four episodes (21-24). Extras include a character profile for Haruka and some anime previews. This is a wrap up (more or less) of the story. In the end, all questions are apparently answered in one way or another, or so it seems. Since there are two movies and an OVA series, there is obviously more to it.

As for this series, it was a fun light-hearted anime. It ended in a good way. I enjoyed the animation and character design very much. The dubbing was done well except for the voice of Mitsune which was just too "country" sounding. The opening and closing theme songs were good and really matched the tone of the show in their own ways. What I didn't like is the over-the-top violence. It's just gets irritating after a while when someone (usually Naru) smacks Keitaro into orbit or through several walls. I also thought it was funny how many times she hit Keitaro that everyone gasps when she raised her fist to her little sister. I guess you can only hit certain people and make it funny...

I still have to give this a 3 out of 5 though. I enjoyed watching it but this is not one that I will probably rewatch later.

No comments: